At first, learning about credit card processing and choosing the right merchant services company for your business may appear to be a daunting task.
A single web search will deliver a seemingly endless list of service providers. What is a merchant account and why does your business need one? How does a merchant account work? Which one is right for your business? What sort of precautionary steps should you take to ensure secure credit card processing? This section is designed to make credit card processing easier to understand by answering some of the questions you may have. The National Bankcard Learning Center offers in depth information about the processing systems and how to get your business set-up quickly and efficiently. If you have any additional questions, contact one of our helpful customer service representatives at 1-800-991-2291.‚Ä®‚Ä®
- How it Works Diagram: Follow the merchant account transaction cycle from the merchant‚Äôs point of sale to the merchant‚Äôs checking account. Learn More »
- Merchant Account Basics: This section answers questions such as: What is a merchant account? What is a merchant account discount rate and transaction fee? What is the difference between ‚ÄúCard Present‚Ä? vs. ‚ÄúCard not Present‚Ä? transactions? What other fees should I expect? Learn More »
- Tips for Proper Transaction Processing: Read a list of steps that assist merchants in complying with MasterCard's and Visa's regulations when processing transactions. Learn More »
- Internet Credit Card Processing Risk Management Tips: Learn more about reducing your exposure to fraudulent activity when processing transactions online. Learn More »
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: View a list a questions merchants have frequently asked our customer service representatives in the past and how we address each question. Learn More »
- Glossary of Terms: To learn more, search a list of terms related to the merchant services industry. Learn More »